Open UI Posts
What is Siebel Open UI?
Open UI is browser independent and devise independent client for Siebel desktop and mobile application.
Open UI Features
- Next generation browser client for Siebel desktop and mobile applications.
- Uses the same back end architecture with additional features.
- Does not support customer facing standard-interactivity client.
- Supports any web browser to render the application.
- Does not use ActiveX.
- Allows client side validations without SRF change.
Open UI benefits
- Native browser support.
- Mobile device support.
- Enhanced look and feel of User Interface.
- Better user experience.
- Client side customization.
- Easy to deploy and maintenance.
- Large developer’s pool.
Native Browser support
- Open UI for any standard browser.
- Address based Map integration.
- Supports browser features.
- Zoom in/out
- Print preview/Print
- File save as
- Browser History
Mobile device support
- Enhanced Siebel mobile application with Open UI frame work.
- Mobile application looks like other native application.
- Integration with mobile functions like calls, Emails, GPS, Multi touching gesturing.
Enhanced look and feel UI
- Introduced new Siebel controls like MVG, Picklists, Calculator, Date and time pickers.
- File upload/download control
- Introduced file drag and drop functionality.
- Upload multiple files at a time.
- Enhanced product configuration screen.
- Sitemap filter.
- Provide preferences to user to change navigation control from tab to tree and vice versa.
Better User Experience
- Unbounded LOV supports type ahead where any matching LOV value in the list is displayed as user types.
- Text boxes can by resized on the fly and include spell check.
- Enhanced keyboard tabbing.
- Introduced more key board shortcuts.
- Notification list replaces message broadcasting service.
- Read vs unread notification alert.
- CTI- flexible and easy configurable.
- Improved Smart script and Task based UI.
Client side Customization
- As delivered Siebel open UI client look very similar to Siebel HI client.
- Text boxes can be resized on the fly and include spell check.
Easy to deploy and maintain
- As open UI allows to build validation script on client side, no need to compile in Siebel repository file.
- Provides separate folders to place all custom files without changing out-of-box functionalities.
- Can create any number of custom files.
Large developers pool
- Application cab be extended using the same tools that developers are familiar with.
Happy reading @Optanium !!!