EAI Siebel Adapter Business Service Overview – Part 2
EAI Blog Posts
- EAI Siebel Adapter Business Service Overview – Part 1
- EAI Siebel Adapter Business Service Overview – Part 2
The EAI Siebel Adapter business service is one of the important and widely used EAI business service. In this article we consolidated some useful information/Posts related to EAI Siebel Adapter business service.
How EAI Siebel Adapter Business Service handles the input SiebelMessage objects:
- Let’s consider an example with a SiebelMessage which includes 10 accounts. If we execute for example the upsert method and account number 8 has an invalid value in the status field (picklist error) then no record is inserted or updated at all.
- In other terms, a SiebelMessage is considered a “transaction” and EAI Siebel Adapter “rolls back” all changes made to records when some error occurs during processing of the SiebelMessage.
- Sometimes this behavior is not desirable. For example, you want to send in a batch of updates to Siebel and just want to be notified which records where processed and which are not.
- The ObjectLevelTransactions input argument is the solution to that problem. If we set it to “True” (and do the same with the StatusObject parameter), EAI Siebel Adapter will treat each single object in the SiebelMessage as a transaction.
- It will also return the status object which we can parse in order to find out whether there were any problematic records. They will have an accompanying ErrorMessage property with the error message received during the operation.
Best Practices when using the EAI Siebel Adapter Business Service:
- Inactivate any unused fields in the integration component. Avoid creating large integration object instances.
- Siebel Systems does not support the use of EAI to update data that is based on administration-type business components such as Client – Mobile or Position. Only the System Administrator updates these types of data.
- To optimize database performance, you can explicitly specify that the EAI Siebel Adapter use only user key fields. This feature is available for the methods Query, Delete, and Execute. To use it, set the input property QueryByUserKey to True for the EAI Siebel Adapter business service and pass an integration object instance (for example, a Siebel Message) as an input as well. By default, the Siebel adapter uses all the fields in the input integration object instance.