EAI Blog Posts
- EAI Siebel Adapter Business Service Overview – Part 1
- EAI Siebel Adapter Business Service Overview – Part 2
The EAI Siebel Adapter business service is one of the important and widely used EAI business service. In this article we consolidated some useful information related to EAI Siebel Adapter business service.
EAI Siebel Adapter Business Service Methods:
The following are the EAI Siebel Adapter BS methods.
- Query Method
- QueryPage Method
- Synchronize Method
- Insert Method
- Upsert Method
- Update Method
- Delete Method
- Execute Method
- Query method is used to query data from Siebel, output of this method is Integration Object instance.
- Query can be executed using :
- Row id of the primary BusComp.
- Search spec consisting of parent and child buscomp fields.
- Integration object instance – which is also known as Query By Example.
- Only required input argument of this method is Output Integration Object Name which is the name of integration object which is queried by the service.
- This method is useful when the search specification retrieves a large number of records at the root component.
- To avoid returning one huge Siebel Message, you can specify the number of records to be returned using the PageSize argument.
- Even though the QueryPage returns a limited number of records, it keeps the data in the cache, which you can then retrieve by calling the EAI Siebel Adapter with a new value for the StartRowNum method argument.
- Note that this is only possible if the method arguments OutputIntObjectName, PageSize, SearchSpec, SortSpec, and ViewMode are not changed and the NewQuery method argument is set to False.
- Synchronize method combines insert, update and delete operations and make the database content as same as integration object instance. If there is only a new child present in integration object instance then this method will delete all the child records from database and create new one from input instance.
- Does not delete child data if child component is not present in integration object instance.
- Deletes all the child records if instance has empty container.
- Insert Method can be used to insert records in Siebel database.
- This method only accepts integration object instance as input argument.
- Values must be provided for all the fields of at least one user key.
- Is combination of Insert and Update.
- The Upsert method is similar to the Synchronize method with one exception; the Upsert method does not delete any records.
- The Upsert method will result in insert or update operations. If the record exists, it will be updated. If the record does not exist, it will be inserted. Unlike the Synchronize method, upsert will not delete any children.
- To determine if an update or insert is performed, the EAI Siebel Adapter runs a query using user keys fields or the search specifications to determine if the parent or primary record already exists. If the parent record exists, it will be updated. If no matching parent record is found, the new record will be inserted. Once again, upsert will not delete any children. If existing children are found, they are updated.
- Is used to update the records in Siebel database
- Method will throw error if no records or multiple records found for the user key defined.
- Performs Synchronize operation for child bus comp.
- Delete method is used to delete one or more records from the database. Inputs which can be provided are:
- Primary Row Id of primary business component.
- Search spec
- Integration Component Instance.
- Exception: It does not deletes the child records from the database if child IC is not present in inputs (Any child records that once belonged to the parent record will still remain in the database, but will not be associated with this parent anymore).
- Execute method performs the combination of operations depending upon the operation variable present in the instance.
- Operations that can be specified is: query, querypage (same as query when used as children operation), sync (the same method as Synchronize and is the default operation), upsert, update, updatesync, insert, insertsync, delete, skipnode, skiptree, none.
NOTE: A none operation is equivalent to operation sync.